DO YOUR PART IN RESHAPING THE EU AND
MAKE SURE POLITICAL LEADERS LISTEN TO EUROPE’S YOUTH!
We’re the European Youth Card Association (EYCA) and we’d like young people to have a decisive say on the Future of European Union!
We’re looking for Youth Activists to mobilise the energy of young people and deliver their messages to European decision makers. Europe is at a turning point: with the EU embarking on the Conference on the Future of Europe, we want to make sure the ideas of young people are heard.
EYCA implements a pan-European campaign to engage young Europeans in conversations and activities about the Future of Europe! Between March 2021 and March 2022, we will be running activities in 17 European countries to gather young people’s messages.
We are looking for one Youth Activist from Romania to be part of this exciting initiative!
What’s in it for you
- You’ll be the face of the movement in your country and in Europe. You make sure people listen and engage.
- You’ll meet 19 other young people from different European countries and work together to make a lasting difference.
- You’ll get to meet politicians and deliver the messages of young people from across Europe.
- You’ll also meet decision makers and tell them what their priorities should be.
- We’ll support you to organise cool activities to hear the ideas and thoughts from other young people.
- We’ll help you gain new skills and knowledge that will be great to have in your career.
- You’ll get to travel to locations across Europe (if travel restrictions allow), all expenses covered.
What it’s like to be a young activist
- You’ll be the face of the movement, one of its 20 leaders across Europe. That means pictures and videos of you will feature on the movement’s website and social media.
- We’ll teach you all the tricks of a social media campaign. And you’ll create content for the movement’s website and social media – blog articles, videos, memes, posts, etc.
- You’ll come up with ideas of how to involve young people and gather their ideas on Europe. You’ll be able to organise events and activities in your town or at the national level with our constant support.
- With our help, you’ll work to organise one or more debates between young people and EU politicians.
We’ll help you all the way
If you’re up for all this but still a bit concerned that you don’t have the know-how, no worries! We’re here to help and we’ll be there all the way. Here’s what we’ll do:
- Give you the opportunity to learn from the best
We’ll bring you and the other activists to the Gran Canaria island, Spain (all safety measures in place) for a few training days to give you all the necessary knowledge and skills to take the lead on youth activities
- Help you make your ideas happen
Whether you want to create an event close to home or organise a debate between young people and European politicians, we’ll be here to help you with anything from advice to money to pay for the stuff you need.
- Support you to participate in cool events as a Youth Activist
This summer (hopefully covid-free) will be packed with events and festivals and if that’s where young people are, Youth Activists also have to be there!
|March-April 2021||April-June 2021|
|· You’re selected – congratulations!
· Meet the other activists for a few training days (preferably in person and we’re already working on that to happen)
· Kick-off training 24 – 28 March in Gran Canaria
· Start planning your activities
|· Launch your campaign
· Reach out to young people for their ideas
· Start your social media movement
|July-Sept 2021||Sept 2021-March 2022|
|· Head out to events/festivals and meet with your peers!
· Gather as many great ideas as possible and spread the word
· Maintain your social media campaign
|· Compile the messages of your peers and share the thoughts of young people with political leaders
· Contribute to our video campaign
· Advocate for the issues young people care about though direct Real Talks with political leaders
Up for the challenge? Read more below!
Check out the list below and if you tick all the boxes, we’d love to see your application
- You have to be between 18 and 29 years old.
- Since you’ll be working with young people from other European countries, good English is a must.
- If you have experience in organising events in your school, town or even at the national level, great! Apply! If you don’t have much experience or none at all but it sounds really good and you’d love to do it, great! Apply!
- What matters most is how motivated you are to learn about EU topics and work to make a difference.
- You have to be able to put in the time over the next 12 months. Also, you’ll have to be available for the training at the end of March 2021 (highly preferably in person).
- You should know the basics for communications like have an account on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat. YouTube and TikTok would be cool too.
- You should be comfortable with being one of the faces of the movement, your pictures and videos will be featured on the movement website.
We’re all about equal opportunities and diversity. All applications are welcome and will be evaluated fairly.